Professional Training and Development Internship Program
The International Business Academy (IBA), located in the new and emerging business section of Guatemala City has been providing professional, business English training to local Guatemalan companies for the past nine years. We provide the following services online and in Guatemala: Corporate English Training to Multinational and National Companies, Private classes, Translation Services, Spanish Training for Executives, Online Training, Call Center Training, UK Exam supervision, Internships for U.S. university and MBA students and recent graduates, CSR training, and Exam Preparation for IELTS, TOEFL and TOEIC.
This innovative development and professional training program is designed for university and masters students or recent graduates looking to both TRAVEL and gain valuable INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE abroad. Interns will participate in the launching of an online start-up program, which provides professional business, English and Spanish training to international clientele. In addition, they will have the opportunity to explore Guatemala, work with local Guatemalan companies, receive Spanish and professional development courses from IBA training specialists, and take courses at a local university.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic 3rd-4th year undergraduate business students and MBA students and recent college graduates
- Must be willing to live 3-6 months in Guatemala City
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to work in a team setting
- Has a desire to develop professionally in an international environment while also being immersed in the diverse culture of Guatemala.
- Works well in a team setting
- Knowledge of Spanish (helpful but not required)
- Complete the IBA business teacher training program
- Provide 1 hour professional business English training courses at local Guatemalan companies 4-5 times per week
- Participate in the launching of an online business training program, giving 2 hour training courses daily Monday-Friday
- Independent work assignments related to accounting and finance, marketing sales and research, website design, online marketing, e-business, etc. Assignments are provided to interns based on experience and ability.
- Daily beginning, intermediate, and advanced Spanish courses taught by IBA trainers
- Building relationships with local Guatemalan companies
- Weekly professional development training given by IBA professionals previous company CEOs
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) training course
- Housing and transportation provided with a program fee.
- Provides a monthly stipend to cover small costs such as food, travel, etc.
- Additional compensation including trips to top Guatemalan tourist destinations for sales related assignments
- Need university credit? Ask about opportunities to take business courses at a local, Guatemalan university or use this program for university credit.
- Check out our Facebook page.
- Opportunity to travel and explore Guatemala. Visit Guatemala’s national tourism page to learn more: http://www.visitguatemala.com/en
Housing and Transportation Fee (Optional)
Program fee includes housing, Spanish and professional development courses, and transportation to the IBA office and client locations. The cost will vary depending on the amount of time you participate. Below is the fee per person.
- 3 months: $1650
- 4 months: $2150
- 5 months: $2600
- 6 months: $3100
* Note: If you do not choose to take the housing and transportation option, you must find your own housing and transportation.